Day 8: Traditional Korean Folk Village

We had breakfast on the go this morning which consisted of a ham, cheese and egg sandwich. Not bad sounding right! Well the egg was filled with sweet corn and there was a sweet mayo dressing as well; ended up not being very appetizing.

This morning I was not actually feeling very well. I had a very bad headache and was in pain. However I pushed through the day as best as I could and slept on the bus as much as possible.

The Korean Folk Village was only about 1.5 hours away and was our first stop. We toured the village, watched a traditional instrumental performance, tightrope walking and then ended with a horse acrobatic show. It was amazing. I have some excellent video that I will post as soon as I can download the appropriate software. I started to eat lunch on the floor with the others but felt to sick to continue and waited on the bus instead were I watched a movie and slept until we arrived at the dinner spot.

I have the name in Korean, but it was a very expensive, traditional and fancy restaurant that is owned by one of the wealthiest families in South Korea. The food was delicious and I am attaching photos of that meal and the hall where we ate.

We then arrived at the hotel where we are 3 to a room all with our own beds. We are staying at the very beautiful Hyundai Hotel in Gyeongju. We just finished having a mini party in our room where we were drinking Soju, which is like a Korean Vodka. Don't worry I will bring some home with me.

Well I am off to bed so enjoy the photos.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 5: Pottery Making

Day 2: Continued