Day 12 & 13


 Friday 7/9/2010
This morning I got great news from Alex!  He made over a 100 on his TOEFL (English Exam).  Congratulations Amor!!! Besos

 Well back to Korea! Today was another day of lecturing and movie watching.  After all that fun we headed out for another day of shopping.  This is a really big part of Korean culture.  Our group split up and Joy and I headed out on our own.  I am realizing how much I don't enjoy shopping with others and not being able to look longer because the group wants to move on.  This focus on community (the group) is huge here in Korea and is very different from our individualistic culture in the states.  This is something I am personally trying to work through!  My little piece of culture shock. 

Tomorrow morning I am out for the weekend and I will be participating in a homestay with one of the Korean girls in the dorm room.  Her name is Claire and she is very sweet.  I am not sure what we will be doing yet but I know it will be nice to get out of the dorm life.  Love you all! XOXO




 Thursday 7/8/2010
 After an all day long lecture Joy and I left by taxi to a farewell dinner for the KSU students who have been teaching here for the past 2 months.  The dinner was a delicious seafood buffet that included complimentary wine.  I heard many wonderful stories and got great info about things to do. 





Wednesday 7/7/2010
Well these are the shoes I bought on Wednesday. Sorry Melanie I am not sure I will be able to get shoes for you as they might not have your size. But I will try :)

Comments

  1. I agree with you on the shopping alone thing! I would have left the group after about 10 minutes. It must be hereditary!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day 5: Pottery Making

Day 2: Continued