Day 9: Gyeong-ju, South Korea
A walk through the mountain haze of morning; watching and waiting for the sun to break free! This is at Seock-gul-am Temple, where an impressive Buddha resides inside a man made cave carved into the mountain side. Stop 2 on our journey was to Bul-kuk-sa Temple, which was built during the Silla Dynasty and is over a 1000 years old. Here is the entrance and the sun did come out! This was the first time I saw sunshine since arriving in Korea :) Also to your right are stacks of rocks individuals create these using each rock to symbolize a wish. I made one as well but mine was only 2 rocks high. Our next stop was to the beach where venders' sold dried salty fish and seaweed. Mmmmm good! The water was freezing cold and the beach was full of stones. Ouch!!!! The journey continues to our final stop The Garden of Great Tombs. These mounds might look familar as we have some in North Georgia. However, in this particualr there are over 300 mounds....
The cake looks delicious!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteThey were waffles; very popular here and with all different toppings. We had a triple chocolate, regular with blueberry and strawberry and an ice cream waffle with green tea and strawberry ice cream. The 8 of us (all my roommates) ate them in less than 5 minutes:) delicious!!!
ReplyDeleteOMG Sarah!! I can't keep up with you.!! I thought you are moving to Florida where did this come in!! LOL I miss you. Looks like you are having loads of fun. it's me Hilaria
ReplyDeleteYeah I got a scholarship to participate in this program for a month; just so happens it's before moving to FL. Miss you and I look forward to another long trip in Feb.
ReplyDeleteI was born in 1983 which is the year of the pig (Chinese history) :) maybe that explains my addiction to sweets.
ReplyDelete