Popular posts from this blog
Day 9: Gyeong-ju, South Korea
A walk through the mountain haze of morning; watching and waiting for the sun to break free! This is at Seock-gul-am Temple, where an impressive Buddha resides inside a man made cave carved into the mountain side. Stop 2 on our journey was to Bul-kuk-sa Temple, which was built during the Silla Dynasty and is over a 1000 years old. Here is the entrance and the sun did come out! This was the first time I saw sunshine since arriving in Korea :) Also to your right are stacks of rocks individuals create these using each rock to symbolize a wish. I made one as well but mine was only 2 rocks high. Our next stop was to the beach where venders' sold dried salty fish and seaweed. Mmmmm good! The water was freezing cold and the beach was full of stones. Ouch!!!! The journey continues to our final stop The Garden of Great Tombs. These mounds might look familar as we have some in North Georgia. However, in this particualr there are over 300 mounds....
Day 5: Pottery Making
Well I am not going to quite my day job but it was a wonderful experience. Almost like in "Ghost" except the potter (? pottery maker) was not standing behind me, but there was hand touching. Alex please don't worry. :) The picture is what I created, please don't be over whelmed by the beauty of the piece and no it will not be for sale. :(
Comments
Post a Comment