Popular posts from this blog
Day 9: Gyeong-ju, South Korea
A walk through the mountain haze of morning; watching and waiting for the sun to break free! This is at Seock-gul-am Temple, where an impressive Buddha resides inside a man made cave carved into the mountain side. Stop 2 on our journey was to Bul-kuk-sa Temple, which was built during the Silla Dynasty and is over a 1000 years old. Here is the entrance and the sun did come out! This was the first time I saw sunshine since arriving in Korea :) Also to your right are stacks of rocks individuals create these using each rock to symbolize a wish. I made one as well but mine was only 2 rocks high. Our next stop was to the beach where venders' sold dried salty fish and seaweed. Mmmmm good! The water was freezing cold and the beach was full of stones. Ouch!!!! The journey continues to our final stop The Garden of Great Tombs. These mounds might look familar as we have some in North Georgia. However, in this particualr there are over 300 mounds....
Day 2: Continued
After the opening ceremony (where I found out I have to write term papers) we headed out for shopping at the local Korean TESCO. I pondered purchasing a local delicacy of SPAM but opted for a picture instead. We then headed out for a little Korean fast food dining; I am still not sure what I ate. On the way back to the dorm I saw a group of boys playing, not soccer, basketball or any other outside sport but boys crowded around playing video games on the street.
Comments
Post a Comment